Currently abroad? Click here to go to your page
The quick facts:
|HOST UNIVERSITY:||Pontificia Universidad Católical del Perú (PUCP)|
|HOST CITY:||Lima, Peru|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION:||Spanish minimum prerequisite: 3 university semesters of Spanish or equivalent|
|TERMS AVAILABLE:||Fall Semester (early July - mid-December),Spring Semester (early February - early July), Full Year, Summer Term|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||May 1 for Fall Semester & Summer Term start December 1 for Spring Semester start|
|HIGHLIGHTS:||✅ Guaranteed internship or service project ✅ Local EdOdyssey advisors✅ Free excursions, including Machu Picchu|
|SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE:||Contact Us!|
|WEATHER IN LIMA:||Warm and mild|
1. Email us
2. Schedule a 20-minute introduction call
3. Build your program application with us
Why is Peru & PUCP perfect?
1. Learn Anything
PUCP has courses in everything from archeology to education to political science to dance. Some popular courses include Peruvian Social Reality, History of Contemporary Perú , and even Quechua (the language of the Incas!). Click below to see a full subject list:
To preview a detailed class list, please visit the PUCP's website here. [Click on the "facultad"/"especialidad" that you are interested in and then "plan de estudio" to see the current course offerings].
2. Urban & Natural Diversity
• Lima, Peru has more than 9.5 million people, more than New York City!
• Study on a 100-acre campus with modern buildings, picturesque gardens and archaeological excavations.
• Peru is the most ecologically diverse country in the world with 84 of the 103 existing ecosystems and 28 of the the 32 climates.
3. Immerse Locally
• Courses are taught in Spanish for full language immersion.
• More economical option compared to Europe or Argentina, which means you'll be able to afford more: surfing, hiking, night clubs, food & drinks, beaches, mountains, jungle, etc.
• A homestay experience living with a host family.
We enhance the relationship between your university and PUCP with planning and programming.
1. Full Preparation Planning
• Information sessions for prospective students.
• Document prep and application tutoring for applicants.
• Cultural briefings for students before departure.
2. Local Programming
• Three excursions planned for students to Ica (coast), Cusco (mountains), and Iquitos (jungle) so they will see the three major reasons of the country.
• A 4-week orientation program with an intensive language booster.
• Make local friends fast with "patas" program.
• Full local support team available, including homestay coordinator, academic coordinator, academic coordinator and program manager plus amazing homestay families.
3. Unique Personal Projects
• Guaranteed internship / volunteer placement due to our extensive professional network in the area.
• Every student completes an independent personal project so they can follow their passions while in Peru.
Sample Student Projects:
PROJECT: Understanding poverty in Lima
"I am grateful for the opportunity to have understood the poverty and struggles...it allowed me to better comprehend the different realities that exist in Lima and in the world at large." -Mattie C., Student (Fall 2017)
PROJECT: Teaching at Villa per se
"For my personal project I worked at Villa Per Se, an amazing elementary school based in Lima, as a teaching assistant...I was always reflecting on the differences between school in the United States and school in Peru" -Margaret G., Student (Fall 2017)
Contact to start:
Kaitlyn McGovern, Director, University Relations - EdOdyssey