Welcome to Lima!
Study abroad with EdOdyssey and authentically discover Peruvian history, culture, ethnic identities and more while improving your Spanish language. Managed entirely by our local team in Lima, the experience is tailored for each student with a hand-matched homestay, volunteer/internship opportunities and more.
HOST UNIVERSITY: Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP)
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: Spanish (prerequisite: 3 semesters of Spanish or equivalent)
MINIMUM GPA: 2.5
HOUSING: Hand-matched host family
TERMS AVAILABLE: Fall Semester (July-December), Spring Semester (February - July), Summer (July-August)
✓ Guaranteed internship or service project
✓ Hand-matched host family
✓ Local EdOdyssey advisors and staff
✓ 3 all-inclusive excursions, including the jungle, coast and Machu Picchu!
✓ Full one-month orientation and language booster program
WEATHER: Warm & mild
Why is Peru & PUCP perfect?
1. Learn Anything
PUCP has courses in everything from archeology to education to political science to dance. Some popular courses include Peruvian Social Reality, History of Contemporary Perú , and even Quechua (the language of the Incas!).
Or, to preview specific current class offerings, please visit the PUCP's website here.
Click on the "Facultad"/"Especialidad" that you are interested in
Then click on "Ver plan de estudio" to see the current course offerings.
If you have any questions about specific academics, course offerings, credit transfer, etc. please contact us and speak with your Academic Advisor for more information.
2. Urban & Natural Diversity
• Lima has more than 9.5 million people, more than New York City!
• Study on a 100-acre campus with modern buildings, picturesque gardens and archaeological excavations.
• Peru is the most ecologically diverse country in the world with 84 of the 103 existing ecosystems and 28 of the the 32 climates.
3. Immerse Locally
• Courses are taught in Spanish for full language immersion.
• More economical option compared to Europe or Argentina, which means you'll be able to afford more: surfing, hiking, night clubs, food & drinks, beaches, mountains, jungle, etc.
• A homestay experience living with a hand-matched host family.