Above Image: Guilin, China. Image from diveprice.com
Let's get ready!
We're so excited that you'll be joining us for this program - it's going to be a blast! Below you'll find important information about the program, how to sign-up, and other details. Throughout the process if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us:
AIS Faculty Leader: Mrs. Jie Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EdOdyssey Program Director: Peter McGovern (email@example.com)
✅ 1. Check out the program itinerary:
Take a look at our itinerary and get excited! Here you can get an idea of what is in store for you in Guilin, Daxu and Yangshuo. For more specific details about the exchange portion of the program in Shanghai at AIS' sister school please consult Mrs. Jie Wu directly.
✅ 2. Complete EdOdyssey's Voyager Information Form
Complete this voyager information form as soon as possible to reserve your spot in the program. This gives us all of the information we need to begin making arrangements for our group. This information you provide us should exactly match your legal documents (i.e. passport).
Please complete this by Wednesday November 16, 2016. In addition, please submit a $300 deposit to AIS' Business Office. Checks should be made out to "Atlanta International School."
✅ 3. Obtain a new passport / renew your passport (if applicable) by January 1, 2017
Every voyager will need a passport valid for at least six months beyond the date of return from China. For more information on applying for a passport or renewing your passport, visit the USPS Passport Page. Please note that obtaining/renewing a passport can take up to two months so it is important that you begin this process as soon as possible.
✅ 4. Upload Passport Information by January 11, 2017
Every voyager will need a passport valid for at least six months beyond the date of return from China. Once you have a valid passport, please submit your passport information and a copy of your passport photo page through our secure online form so we can finalize reservations.
N.B.: The information you submit must exactly match your passport exactly (name, spelling, etc.).
- THIS FORM IS NOW CLOSED -
✅ 5. (a) Submit Visa Application OR (b) Upload a Copy of your Current Visa by January 11, 2017
(a) If you DO NOT have a Chinese Visa:
The People's Republic of China requires a visa in order to enter the country. We will apply as a group and the cost of your visa is included in the program fee. Do not apply for a Chinese visa on your own. Please follow the directions below to complete and submit your application. It is strongly recommended that you save an electronic copy of your Visa Application so, if necessary, edits and adjustments can be easily made.
1. Complete the People's Republic of China's Visa Application form (link below). Most of the form is already filled, please carefully follow the details instructions below to complete the remainder of the application. Your visa application must be typed (except the signature) and in CAPITAL LETTERS. Any field that does not apply please write "N/A". No field should be left blank. If you think there is a pre-filled field that is not correct for your application please let Peter know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Part 1 - Please complete sections 1.1; 1.4-1.8; 1.11-1.14; 1.18-1.24.
- Part 2 - Please complete sections 2.9 and 2.10
- Part 3 - Please complete sections 3.5 and 3.6
- Part 5 - Do not complete
2. Print a copy of your Visa Application and (i) sign page 4 (ii) attach a passport photo to page 1 with one (1) staple.
3. Hand your Visa Application AND passport to Mrs. Wu no later than January 11, 2017. Please note: Visa Applications not submitted to Mrs. Wu in the Chinese Room (1-243) by Wednesday, January 11 cannot be processed by EdOdyssey and it will be the responsibility of the student/family to obtain a Visa.
(b) If you DO have a Chinese Visa:
If you already have a valid Visa for the People's Republic of China you do not need to submit a new application. Please upload a copy / photo of your visa below:
- THIS FORM IS NOW CLOSED -
✅ 6. Submit Payment #1 ($1,100) on or before Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Please submit the first payment of $1,100 to the AIS Business Office no later than Wednesday, January 25, 2017. Checks should be made out to "Atlanta International School."
✅ 7. Make note of your international flight details
We will meet as a group at Atlanta's Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 8:15am (Exact meeting point/gate will be posted here closer to departure). Please plan your morning carefully so you are on time. Flight Record Number: JLBYZM.
Atlanta to Shanghai
4/26/17 - Delta #DL1336, Atlanta - Seattle (Departs: 11:15am, Arrives: 1:50pm)
4/26/17 - Delta #DL589, Seattle - Shanghai (Departs: 3:10pm, Arrives: 7:15pm on 4/27/17 [+1 Day])
Shanghai to Atlanta
5/8/17 - Delta #DL588, Shanghai - Seattle (Departs: 12:20pm, Arrives: 9:18am)
5/8/17 - Delta #DL1232, Seattle - Atlanta (Departs: 12:10pm, Arrives: 7:54pm on 5/8/17)
✅ 8. Make note of the Upcoming Program Fee Payment Deadlines
- Payment 3 ($1,150)- on or before Wednesday, March 22, 2017
9. Attend Student-Parent Pre-Departure Meeting on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 4:30pm
Several weeks before departure EdOdyssey always hosts a pre-departure meeting with students, parents, and faculty chaperones to review the itinerary, finalize details, answer any questions, and get to know the students that are joining us on our odyssey.
Our pre-departure meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 4, 2017 in Room 1-243 at Atlanta International School. Students and parent(s)/guardian(s) should make every effort to attend as this is an important meeting. We will review all of the final details, distribute several important documents, and answer any final questions.
10. Review These Important Documents
Pack your bags & Get Ready! (Packing List)
When you're ready, start getting everything together. It's good to start early so you have time to make sure everything fits comfortably in your suitcase and you don't forget anything. We hope our general packing list and tips helps you get ready for your odyssey. Don't forget to check out current weather trends in Shanghai and Guilin so you're ready for all types of conditions.
A couple specific reminders for this program:
- Large Electronics (Laptops / iPads / etc.) are not encouraged. We will have opportunities throughout our program to use computers.
- Please pack light! Our plane tickets include one (1) personal carry-on and one (1) checked bags
Emergency Information (Emergency Contact List)
Read about your insurance coverage (Policy Details)
You can never be too safe so all voyagers are covered by international medical insurance and basic travel insurance. Students should carry a copy of their insurance card (distributed during pre-departure meeting) with them at all times while traveling and in China. Families are welcome to purchase supplemental/additional insurance if they would like to.
Some highlights of your policy:
- Benefit Period: April 26, 2017 - May 9, 2017
- Coverage Provided by: Atlas International
- Overall Maximum Limit: $1,000,000
- Maximum per Illness / Injury: $1,000,000
- Deductible: $0
11. Get Social
- Follow us on social media @edodyssey:
Our social media pages are a great way to keep up with EdOdyssey and all of our work around the world. We will also be sharing posts from this program throughout the experience!